Monday, July 20, 2015

Best Logistics Stocks To Watch For 2016

Best Logistics Stocks To Watch For 2016: Village Super Market Inc.(VLGEA)

Village Super Market, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates a chain of supermarkets in the United States. The company?s superstores feature specialty departments, such as home meal replacement, on-site bakery, and expanded delicatessen that includes prepared food, natural and organic food, ethnic and international food, seafood sections, as well as pharmacies and salad bars. Its superstores also offer non-food items, including cut flowers, health and beauty aids, greeting cards, and small appliances. As of December 16, 2011, the company operated a chain of 28 supermarkets under the ShopRite name in New Jersey, Maryland, and eastern Pennsylvania. Village Super Market, Inc. was founded in 1933 and is based in Springfield, New Jersey.

Advisors' Opinion:
  • [By Geoff Gannon]

    Line up the return on capital lines – for the last 10 years – for Arden, Village (VLGEA), Weis, Harris Teeter (HTSI), and Kroger and you'll see that the grocer this analyst thinks is unique clearly isn't. Other grocers earn their cost of capital. They just aren't as well known.

  • [By Geoff Gannon]

    Okay. So my point is just that a business is a business — it's not an industry. Just because a company is categorized in an industry doesn't mean it works like the other companies in the industry. For example, Amazon (AMZN) and Best Buy (BBY) and Walgreens (WAG) and Village Supermarket (VLGEA) are all retailers. But they are all really, really different retailers. Technology changes have vastly different influences on them. They have completely different business models. They are actually trying to do totally different things. And you would analyze them – especially starting with customer habits – totally differently.

  • [By Geoff Gannon] strong>J&J Snack Foods (JJSF)

    !

    Check out the performance numbers on those three stocks over the last 10-13 years (I bought them at different times). You'll notice that if I just never sold those stocks I wouldn't need to do anything else. Those three stocks would've made a fine portfolio for the next decade or so.

    Well, I did sell those stocks. And I did a lot else. And some of it worked very well and some of it worked very badly. But, almost without fail, the net result was never better than what would have happened if I'd kept those three stocks.

    That's not an accident. It took me a very, very long time to buy stocks when I was a kid. I bought six stocks in my first five years as an investor. That's not quite a 20 punches approach – but it's pretty close.

    Why did I only buy one stock a year?

    Because I didn't know anything about stocks. And I didn't think I knew anything about stocks.

    My investment style was formed fr om a combination of extreme ignorance and extreme confidence. I was totally ignorant about stocks. And I was totally confident that I could learn all I needed to know about the stocks I needed to know about.

    That combination led to focusing on a few very specific stocks. Stocks I was comfortable with.

    When I was 14, there were only two places my money went. Into my brokerage account. Or into video games. So it's not a surprise I bought Activision. At the time the video game industry had a much clearer future than it does today. And there was no better CEO of a video game company than Bobby Kotick. The balance sheet was pristine. When you backed out cash, the stock was cheap relative to sales. I looked at everything I could about video game companies and I decided sales were pretty profitable and pretty cash generative in this industry. All you needed was sensible capital allocation. All you needed was management that was going to run the place like a business . And I thought you h

  • source from Top! Stocks F! or 2015:http://www.topstocksblog.com/best-logistics-stocks-to-watch-for-2016.html

No comments:

Post a Comment